There are quite a few pet-friendly apartments here in Little Rock, but none like The Pointe Brodie Creek. Our pet policy welcomes dogs, cats, birds, and more because we know your pet is your best friend!
But before you move in, you need to know all about our pet policy. From pet fees to pet rules, we are here to provide answers to all the most common questions pet owners ask.
What Kinds of Pets Are Allowed?
Our pet policy states that the following types of pets are permitted:
- Guinea Pigs
Is My Dog Allowed?
Most dogs are allowed here at The Pointe Brodie Creek, except for those on our aggressive breed list. This list includes, but is not limited to, the following breeds:
- American Strafford Terrier
- Bull Terrier
- Chow Chow
- Doberman Pinscher
- German Shepherd
- Giant Schnauzer
- Neapolitan Mastiff
- Pit Bull
- Presa Canario
- Rhodesian Ridgeback
Any mixed-breed dogs with characteristics of any aggressive breeds listed above are also not allowed under our pet policy.
If you are thinking about getting a dog, may we recommend one of these apartment-friendly breeds?
What Are Your Pet Fees?
The pet fees we will charge for your pet depend on the type and size of your pet. These must be paid upfront while applying for an apartment, or when adding a new pet to your current household at The Pointe Brodie Creek.
Below we have broken these pet fees down according to pet type:
- Dogs and Cats – Only dogs and cats 50 pounds and under are allowed. We require a $300 non-refundable fee for pets weighing 0 to 35 pounds. Pets weighing 36 to 50 pounds will require a $500 non-refundable pet fee. Pets that are not yet fully grown will require documentation from a veterinarian stating that your pet is expected to be no larger than 50 pounds. There is also an additional $40, one-time DNA fee for dogs.
- Birds – We require a $300 non-refundable fee for birds larger than 5 inches.
- Fish – We require a $300 non-refundable fee for aquariums over 20 gallons.
- Hamsters, Gerbils, Etc. – No fees are required.
How Much Is Pet Rent?
After you pay the initial pet fees, you will also be charged $25 per month in pet rent. There is a maximum of two pets per household, or $50 per month.
What Pet Information Do You Need?
Once you pay your pet fees, our team will need several pieces of information to approve your pet before they can live with you here at The Pointe Brodie Creek.
These items include the following:
- Your pet’s name
- Your pet’s breed
- Your pet’s weight
- A description of your pet’s coloring
- A photo of your pet
- A copy of veterinary records for your pet, including appropriate vaccinations
Once these documents have been verified and your pet approved, you will also sign a Pet Addendum for your Lease Agreement.
Do You Have a Dog Park?
Yes, we do have a dog park! We call it the “Brodie Creek Bark Park” and it is located right next to Building 9.
It’s an amazing place for dogs to run and play thanks to an awesome agility course, fun tunnels, and rolling hills.
While you and your pet play, just remember to follow the Bark Park rules laid out in our pet policy:
- Use the park at your own risk.
- Pet owners are always legally responsible for the behavior of their dog(s).
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the park.
- Dog waste must be cleaned up immediately with the pet waste bags provided.
- Pet owners must always accompany their pet while in the park.
- Dog handlers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Dogs should be under voice control.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed.
- All dogs must have current rabies and other vaccinations as required by local law and wear a visible dog license.
- The agility equipment is for dog use only.
- The park gate must always remain closed.
- Two dogs maximum per resident are allowed in the park.
- No dogs of guests are allowed in the park.
- No sick dogs are allowed in the park.
- No female dogs in heat are allowed in the park.
- No puppies under four months of age are allowed in the park.
- No people food allowed in the park.
- No glass containers are allowed in the park.
- No spiked or choke collars can be used in the park.
- No parties, showers or large gatherings will be allowed at the park unless it is a management-sponsored event. The violation fee is $300.
Do You Accept Assistance Animals?
Of course, we accept assistance animals!
Assistance animals, service animals, or emotional support animals (ESAs) are not considered pets under federal law. As an Equal Housing Opportunity provider, The Pointe Brodie Creek abides by all fair housing laws and accommodates assistance animals no matter their breed, size, weight, etc.
The normal pet fees we charge will be waived in the event you have an assistance animal. But we will still need the same information (photo, vet records, etc.) to approve your assistance animal.
We will also require the appropriate documentation from your prescribing physician confirming your need for an assistance animal.
Any Other Pet Rules I Should Know?
Our pet policy doesn’t end with registering your pet and paying pet fees! We have several other rules in place to keep you, your pet, and others safe while living in our beautiful apartment community.
For your convenience, we have listed a few more pet rules you should know below, broken down by pet type:
Dogs and Cats
- All dogs and cats must be housebroken.
- Pet owners must immediately remove pet waste from the grounds. If pet waste is found and a DNA test identifies a registered pet here, fines will be charged to the pet owner for up to three offenses. If there is fourth offense, the pet owner’s lease agreement with The Pointe Brodie Creek will be terminated.
- Pets may not be left unattended on patio or balconies.
- Pets with a bite history will be prohibited.
- Cats must have an appropriate litter box, and litter must be double bagged in plastic before getting deposited in a trash dumpster on the property. Please do not dispose of litter in toilets even if the litter is labeled “flushable.”
- Dogs and cats must always be kept on a leash when outside your apartment.
Birds must always remain in their cages.
Aquariums over 10 gallons require proof of renter’s insurance. Aquariums may not exceed 50 gallons and must be placed in a safe location in your apartment.
Hamsters, Gerbils & Guinea Pigs
Hamsters, gerbils, and guinea pigs must always remain in their cages.
Please Note: No other pets can visit the community or your apartment – even temporarily –without getting registered here and having a pet agreement executed.
Any Other Questions?
Do you have a question about our pet policy that we didn’t answer in this blog post? Send us an email or give us call at 501.221.3377 for answers.